Date posted: December 22, 2016
Job Title: Manager of Special Events & Programs
The Manager of Special Events & Programs for CT is a community leadership and sales role responsible for working with our sales team to develop and execute station events and programs throughout Connecticut. Primary responsibilities include generating station sales revenue and achieving sales goals through non-traditional programs/events. This person will support the team in growing and deepening customer relationships which will translate into sales. The ideal candidate must be creative, informed on current events and knowledgeable with developing marketing programs that include a range of media vehicles - radio, event marketing, and web site opportunities – resulting in generating new business sales by providing creative marketing solutions for clients. This is not a sales role, but rather a leader to support our new and existing sales efforts. This person will lead our efforts and represent our company within community, civic, charitable and business organizations throughout Connecticut.
- Develops and implements annual marketing plan focused on events & special programs.
- Plans special events and attractions and maintains annual calendar events.
- Develop sponsorship program to meet budget goals; also includes generation of prospects, creation of proposals, negotiation of terms and developing partner relationships.
- Assists in planning and actively supports the sales dept. with all aspects of generating and increasing sales as it relates to these events.
- Works closely with Marketing/Promotions, Programming and Sales.
- Performs public relations by communicating and participating with community organizations.
- Performs such other relevant duties that the General Manager, and/or the Sales Manager may request.
- Handle all PR for Connoisseur CT.
- Has an ability to work weekends/nights as needed.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Excellent computer skills including desktop publishing and the entire Microsoft Word suite of products (including Powerpoint).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Good attention to detail; strong organization skills.
Send resume information to: Sharon Coling at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Connoisseur Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.